Brilliant Fine Finish
Marbleflex creates an intricate look of a plastered wall surface. The easily applied texture highlights wall surfaces with a very subtle glistening effect that would be perfect for home or upscale commercial projects.
- Ready to Use
- Ultra thin applications (two thin coats)
- Cost effective
- Tintable, available in 12 standard colors
- Can be accented with Vintique, Clearshield or Metallic Cote
Exterior Applications over Master Wall Base Coats
VOC: <1% by Weight
VOC: 1.13 g/l
Manufacture Locations: 30058 • 84651
Vintique Top Coat
Metallic Cote Accent
Clearshield Top Coat
Packaging: 5 gallon (19L) pail
Pail Weight: 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Coverage (estimated): Two-Coat Application: 175-200 sf (16-18.6 sm)
Working Time: About 1/2 hour. Ready to use right from the pail after pre-mixing.
Drying Time: Varies by air temperature, humidity and surface temperature. Under normal room temperatures Marbleflex is fully dry after 24 hours. Protect the finish from rain and temperatures less than 40°F (5° C) for a minimum of 24 hours.
Application/Storage Temperatures: 40°F (5°C) to 110°F (43°C). Store out of direct sunlight.
Shelf Life: 2 years under normal conditions.
Job Conditions – Air and surface temperatures must be 4°C (40°F) or higher and must remain so for a minimum of 24 hours. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight during application.
Surface Preparation – Interior Drywall: smooth, flat and ready for paint. Clean the surface in preparation for Marbleflex. Prime wall with Primecoat Primer and allow to dry. Exterior: Master Wall® base coat shall be smooth and free of any mesh pattern.
Mixing – Open pail of Marbleflex and mix approximately one minute with a fixed wheel type paddle or equivalent mixing blade attached to a 1/2″ (13 mm) heavy duty drill at 400-500 rpm. Small additions of water, up to 240 ml (8 oz.) per pail, may be added for workability as needed.
Application – First Coat: Using a Wind-Lock T-VPF2008, T-VPF2411 or T-VPF2812 Stainless Steel Venetian Plaster Trowel apply a very tight, thin coat of Marbleflex to the surface free of trowel marks. Use moderate to high pressure with a trowel angle of about 600 to 800 to the wall surface. The amount of material applied to the wall surface is paper thin. Allow the Marbleflex to take up for 2-3 hours. Clean the surface to remove any dust.
Second Coat, 2 Methods
1. Apply a paper-thin second coat of Marbleflex using short, random strokes. If increased mottling or a higher sheen is desired, burnish using a clean, dry trowel about 30-40 minutes after second application.
2. Apply a paper-thin second coat of Marbleflex using short, random strokes. Water trowel all visible lines out after approximately 15 minutes of drying time using a spray bottle filled with water and the Venetian Plaster Trowel. The finish is ready to be water troweled the first time when there is no visible moisture left on the surface. A second water troweling will need to be done approximately 15 minutes later to compress the finish and get it to the desired smoothness. If the finish tears or runs when water troweling, wait an additional 5 minutes and restart the process. This means the finish was too wet to begin water troweling.
Note: Application problems occur when Marbleflex is applied too thick. Only paper thin applications are necessary.
Surface may be spray coated after 24 hours with Master Wall® Metallic Cote, Vintique and/or Clearshield if desired. Follow individual data sheet instructions for products selected.
Cautions and Limitations
- Marbleflex is not intended for deep depressions or irregular surfaces.
- Slope all exterior surfaces 1:2 minimum to shed water.
- Apply in paper thin applications, shrinkage, cracking or blistering can occur over 1/16″ (1.6 mm) thick.
- Marbleflex is designed to be applied over a properly installed interior drywall.
- Not for use over any finishes or primers other than Primecoat.
- Application in direct sunlight may affect aesthetics if the Marbleflex dries too quickly. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use of Clearshield sealer is recommended in high moisture or traffic areas.
- When cleaning do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners. Wash gently using a soap and water solution followed by a warm water rinse.
Clean Up– Tools and equipment can be cleaned with soapy water while the Marbleflex is still wet.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall® Inc. products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall® Inc. assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall® Inc. for the most current product information.