Recreate the look of a wood finish using Travertine Specialty Finish, Roller-flex Wood Grain Glaze and Clearshield Wood-look with the energy benefits of a continuous insulation and secondary water barrier with up to 10-year limited warranty
- Recreate the look of wood planks or panels
- Weather protective lamina is monolithic over a Continuous Insulation (CI) substrate
- Cost effective
- Never Rots
Continuous Insulation System – Apply either Rollershield Drainage, Aggre-flex Drainage or Aggre-flex Continuously Insulated Exterior Insulation and Finish System complete to the base coat stage. Show dimensions of V-grooves desired and size depth to maintain a minimum 3/4” (19 mm) insulation.
- Travertine Finish Application – Apply according to manufacturer’s instructions in the following manner:
- Apply a thin coat of travertine, allow to set up.
- Apply a second coat of Travertine, allow it to tack up for 10-15 minutes, then wet trowel using a spray bottle and plaster trowel.
- Once dry, sand in the direction of the grain with 100-grit sandpaper to create a level surface and add some imperfections.
Contact your Region Manager for techniques.
Equipment Needed – Brush, 4”-6” (102-154 mm) Foam Roller, Spray bottle with water, Wood Grain Tool (Available from Master Wall®), Clearshield Sealer.
Application – Roller-flex Wood Grain Glaze is applied by brush or a moist foam roller.
- Using a paint brush for latex paints, brush Roller-flex Wood Grain Glaze into the grooves of the finish.
- Using a moist foam roller, roll a thin amount of Roller-flex Wood Grain Glaze onto the finish surface and keep a wet edge (photo 1).
- Using a spray bottle, wet the surface of the Roller-flex Wood Grain Glaze to thin and keep from tacking too quickly (photo 2).
- Add grain to the surface using the Wood Grain Tool along the length of the grooved finish, rocking the tool to create the desired pattern (photo 3).
- Once dry to the touch, lightly sand the surface if needed using 100-grit sandpaper to remove any high spots or heavy stain areas.
- Using a sponge or roam roller, cover the entire surface with Clearshield Sealer.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail
recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall Inc.® products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall Inc.® assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall Inc.® for the most current product information. ©2016 Master Wall Inc.®