Master Wall® CI Stone is a modular Continuous Insulation and Finish System (CIFS®) with integrated SuperiorShield air and water barrier.
- Prefinished Stone Panels, your choice of colors
- Choice of Aggrelime, Marbleflex, Plasterflex, Taratex, or Travertine Textures
- Modular construction for easy application
- CIFS® Brick Mortar at stone joints
- Natural stone variation in tone
- 2” thick Continuous Insulation (R-7.2)
- Rollershield Drainage CIFS® 10-year Limited Warranty
Materials and Tools Needed
- Master Wall® CIFS® Brick Mortar
- Master Wall® CIFS® Brick Additive
- Grout Bag or Brick Mortar Gun
- Stainless Steel Brick Joint Tool
- Stainless Steel Brick Pointing Trowel
- Dry Brush
Job Conditions – Air and surface temperatures must be 4°C (40°F) or higher and must remain so for a minimum of 24 hours. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight during application. Protect the finish from rain and temperatures less than 40°F (5° C) for a minimum of 24 hours after finished application.
SuperiorShield Application: Apply SuperiorShield products following the requirements of Rollershield LAB procedures and allow to dry before continuing with the application.
CI Stone Adhesion: Adhere stone to the SuperiorShield using the appropriate notched trowel for the adhesive in a vertical notched pattern. Stagger the CI Stone panels working from outside to inside corners. Where shapes are cut fully butter/adhere to adjacent panels. Butt panels tightly.
CIFS® Brick Mortar Application: Mix the CIFS® Brick Mortar and CIFS® Brick Additive to a creamy consistency and place into a grout bag or brick mortar gun with opening sized to the mortar pocket created by the butted CI Stone. Squeeze into the mortar into the joint taking care to completely fill the opening with a slight crown in the middle. Let firm set thumbprint hard, then tool with the brick joint tool. Wait approximately 30 minutes and remove any remaining excess with a dry brush using light pressure while the mortar is still soft.
Protect from weather and adverse conditions for 72 hours before putting into service.
Cautions and Limitations
- Slope all exterior surfaces 1:2 minimum to shed water.
- When cleaning do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners. Wash gently using a soap and water solution followed by a warm water rinse.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall Inc.® products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall Inc.® assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall Inc.® for the most current product information. ©2019 Master Wall Inc.®