Master Wall Inc.® SuperiorShield RollerFlash is a roll applied flashing and waterproofing. Formulated with STPE polymers, RollerFlash uses moisture curing to produce a highly durable, seamless, elastomeric flashing membrane that is compatible with our Rollershield RS and TG products. Fast curing it allows for same day installation of windows, doors and other wall assembly, waterproofing or air barrier components.
RollerFlash bonds directly to damp or dry surfaces and cures under a variety of weather conditions. It dramatically reduces surface preparation time by eliminating the need for reinforcing tapes at sheathing joints, inside and outside corners. It simplifies the process of producing watertight details in new or existing construction.
Use RollerFlash as part of the Rollershield LAB application, or to complement conventional waterproofing or air barrier components.
• Streamlines preparation by eliminating the need for joint reinforcing tapes.
• Silane functional polymer provides superior long term adhesion, crack bridging and weathering characteristics.
• Produces an opaque membrane when installed at the recommended 12–15 wet mils to simplify inspection and quality control.
• Bonds to most common building materials without priming.
• Single component saves time – no mixing.
• Produces a durable, weather-tight seal. Bonds and cures in wet weather, on damp substrates.
• Will not tear or lose effectiveness when exposed to weather during construction.
• May be fully exposed to UV and weather for up to 30 days for Rollershield Drainage CIFS® applications, 12 months for Rollershield LAB applications.
• Compatible with most sealants and waterproofing or air barrier components.
• Solvent free. Isocyanate free. Phthalate free.
• No shrinkage. No staining. No yellowing.
• Breathable – allows damp surface to dry.
• Will not support mold growth.
• Service temperatures: –75°F to 300°F (–59°C to 149°C).
• Not for use as a structural sealant.
• Not for use in place of appropriate through-wall flashing.
• Not for use below grade or in locations designed to be continuously immersed in water.
VOC: 30 g/L, maximum
SuperiorFlash is compliant with the following national, state and district VOC regulations:
US Environmental Protection Agency
California Air Resources Board SCM Districts
South Coast Air Quality Management District
Maricopa County, AZ
Northeast Ozone Transport Commission
Distribution Locations: 30058 • 77474 • 84651
Packaging: 20 oz (591 ml) sausages, 20 sausages per case.
Shelf Life: 1 year in tightly sealed, unopened container
15–17 sq.ft. per 20-oz sausage applied at 12–15 mils
Opening Flashing – 4” horizontal, 2” vertical @12-15 mils: 22.5-25.5 lineal feet
Opening Flashing – 6” horizontal, 4” vertical @12-15 mils: 18-20.4 lineal feet
Temp: 40-110F (5o-43C)
Working Time: 1/4 hr*
Cure Time: 12 hrs*
*at room temperature, working and drying time will vary with temperature and humidity
Exposure: Up to 6 months.
Typical Technical Data
Form: viscous paste, mild odor
Specific Gravity: 1.45–1.55
pH: not applicable
Weight/Gallon: 12.5 lbs
Total Solids: 99%
Flash Point: >200° F (>93° C)
Freeze Point: not applicable
Hardness, Shore A: 35–45
Tensile Strength: >150 psi
Elongation at Break: >350%
Water Vapor Transmission: 21 perms (ASTM E 96)
Corrosive Properties: Non-corrosive
Transfer Free Time: 20–40 minutes
To ensure best results, apply to clean surfaces free of contaminants. Chemical residues, surface coatings or films may adversely affect adhesion. Pressure-treated wood and other contaminated surfaces should be cleaned with a solvent wipe before application. Protect people, vehicles, property, plants and all other surfaces not intended to receive RollerFlash. Remove and replace damaged sheathing. In rough openings, prime all raw gypsum board edges with BA57. Any gaps or joints greater than 1 inch should be structurally repaired or readied for an appropriate transition membrane. Ensure positive drainage at all rough openings.
Surface & Air Temperatures
Surface and ambient temperatures should be 32°F (0°C) and rising and below 110°F (43°C) during application and drying. Wind and high temperatures will accelerate drying.
Hot Weather Precautions: If air or surface temperatures exceed 95°F (35°C), apply to shaded surfaces and before daytime air and surface temperatures reach their peak. Hot surfaces may be cooled with a mist of fresh water. Keep containers closed and out of direct sunlight when not in use.
Cold Weather Conditions: May be applied to frost-free substrates at temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Product will not start curing and drying until temperature rises to and remains above 32°F (0°C).
Low Humidity Conditions: Curing may take longer than 12 hours. Lightly misting treated surfaces with fresh water will accelerate curing. Uncured material may delay construction.
Though RollerFlash may be applied to damp surfaces and tolerates rain immediately after application, do not apply to surfaces with standing water or frost.
Apply RollerFlash with a professional paint roller with a 3/8” nap. Do not use soapy water or solvent to help with tooling or to slick the surface profile.
Dilution & Mixing
Apply as packaged. Do not dilute or alter, or use for applications other than specified. Using a low speed drill and paddle, mix well from top to bottom and side to side for a minimum of 3 minutes before use. Avoid mixing air into the product. Once opened, product should be used immediately.
Mix for 3 minutes before use!
Storage & Handling
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container tightly closed when not dispensing. Do not open container until preparation work has been completed. Do not alter or mix with other chemicals. When stored at or below 80°F (27°C) RollerFlash has a shelf life of 12 months after the date of manufacture. This shelf life assumes upright storage of factory-sealed containers. Do not double stack pallets. Dispose of unused product and container in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Prepare all surfaces as described above under “Preparation.” For a typical application you will need RollerFlash and SuperiorFlash products.
Waterproofing Rough Openings
1. Apply a bead of SuperiorFlash in each corner of the rough opening and at the sheathing-to-stud transition, then strike smooth with a dry tool. Joint widths up to 1/4” (6.3 mm) may be treated with SuperiorFlash and no backer rod.
2. Apply RollerFlash over the exterior inside framing of the rough opening and onto the exterior vertical wall surface 4-6” (102-152 mm) to create a 12-15 mil thick monolithic, pinhole-free flashing surface.
NOTE: When using with existing sheet weather resistive barriers, extend RollerFlash 8-10 inches (203-254 mm) over the face of the exterior wall to ensure positive drainage.
3. Allow treated surfaces to skin before installing windows, doors and other wall assembly, waterproofing or air barrier components.
4. Proceed with the application of primary air and water barrier coating.
2. Apply RollerFlash to create a monolithic “cap flash” flashing membrane that extends 2” (51 mm) up the vertical face and down over the fastener heads of the flashing.
Curing & Drying
At 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidity, product skins within 30 minutes and dries in 12 hours. RollerFlash is moisture curing. Low temperatures and low relative humidity slow dry time. High temperatures and high relative humidity accelerates dry time.
Clean tools and equipment with mineral spirits or similar solvent immediately after use. Follow all safety precautions. Remove cured RollerFlash mechanically using a sharp-edged tool.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall® Inc. products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall® Inc. assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall® Inc. for the most current product information. ©2019 Master Wall Inc.®