Rollershield Drainage EIFS is a Class PB (Polymer Based) high performance Exterior Insulation and Finish System with a roll-applied air and water barrier. The water barrier helps drain away any incidental water entering the system through the channeled adhesive design.
Rollershield Liquid Applied Barrier (LAB) is applied directly on approved substrates using either Rollershield Flashing Tape or Rollershieldshield Mesh at any sheathing joints. The liquid makeup of Rollershield offers 100% coverage and allows it to be turned into rough openings creating a flexible flashing. Rollershield has excellent water holdout yet is highly vapor permeable.
The drainage channels behind the EIFS are created with notched trowel application of the insulation board. This system is well suited to light to heavy commercial construction, especially over gypsum, wood concrete and masonry substrates.
Features & Benefits
- High Insulating Value – about R-4 per inch.
- Exterior insulation reduces thermal bridging in framed walls and keeps masonry/concrete wall temperatures more consistent.
- Exterior lamina is monolithic, providing a continuous weather barrier with no breaks, but the Rollershield weather barrier and drainage channels can drain away any incidental moisture.
- Channeled adhesive design provides enough of a drainage space for incidental water drainage but doesn’t act as a rainscreen, which reduces insulation value.
- Rollershield air/water barrier has an extremely low air leakage rate.
- LEED friendly and well suited to retrofit, renovation and decorative upgrades.
System installation from exterior to substrate:
Master Wall Base Coat
Liquid Applied Air/Water Barrier
Enclosure Methods & Drainage
Backwrap (see details)
Rollershield Drainage EIFS Completes NFPA 285 Fire Test
Click here to add your own text