Rollershield-TG is a high quality 100% acrylic flexible air and water barrier. Rollershield-TG is the trowel grade version of Rollershield and can be used for filling large gaps or leveling large areas in the Rollershield LAB system application. Rollershield-TG forms a continuous air and water barrier that protects approved substrates from incidental water damage.
- Trowel grade consistency
- 100% Coverage
- Doesn’t rattle in the wind
- Vapor permeable with low air infiltration rate (12 perms)
- Used as water barrier and flashing
- Compatible with Rollershield-RS, Rollershield-VB, SuperiorFlash and WeatherSTOP Tape
- Adheres to most common building materials
- Easy to apply, water based for easy cleanup
VOC: <1% by Weight VOC: 10 g/l Manufacture Locations: 30058 • 77474• 84651
Rollershield Drainage CIFS®
Common Cladding Systems
Packaging: 5 gallon (19L) pail
Pail Weight: 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Coverage (estimated per pail)
Trowel: 200-230 sf (19-21 sm) At approximately 1/16” (60 mil) thick
Dry to Touch: 1 hour @ room temperature
Recoat Time: 2 hours @ room temperature
Drying Time: 12 hours @ room temperature
Application Range: 40o-110oF (5o-43oC)
Exposure: Up to 6 months.
- Exterior gypsum sheathing (ASTM C1396)
- Glass Fiber Exterior Sheathing (ASTM C1177), Dens Glass Gold®, GlasRoc®, FiberBond®, Gold Bond e2xp®, etc.
- Cement Board Substrates, Durock®, PermaBase®, ProTEC ®, Util-A-Crete®, etc.
- Exterior Plywood
- Oriented Strand Board
- Others approved in writing
Job Conditions – Air and substrate temperature for application of Rollershield-TG must be 40°F (5°C) or higher and must remain 40°F (5°C) or higher for a minimum of 24 hours. Provide temporary protection to protect the wall system from damage until permanent flashings, caps and sealants are installed. Store materials within prescribed temperature limits and out of direct sunlight. Working and drying times are based upon normal room temperature conditions and will vary with temperature and humidity.
Preparation – The substrate must be approved by Master Wall Inc., clean, dry, structurally sound and free of efflorescence, oil, grease, form release agents and curing compounds or anything that would affect bond. Painted surfaces are not acceptable and must be removed. Substrates must be flat and free of fins or planar irregularities greater than 1/4” in 10’-0” (6.35 mm in 3.05m).
Concrete – Must have cured a minimum of 28 days prior to the application of Rollershield-TG. If form release agents or curing compounds exist on the surface, they must be removed with a solution of muriatic acid or similar product (with appropriate precautions). Remove any residual acid by flushing with water.
Brick/Masonry – If joints are not struck flush, multiple coats may be required. Contact Master Wall for more information.
Sheathing Applications – Sheathing gaps must be less than 1/4” (6.4 mm). For gaps larger than 1/4” (6.4 mm) WeatherStop Tape or Rollershield Flashing Tape may be used. Gap wood-based sheathing per manufacturers recommendations, typically 1/8” (3.2 mm) minimum.
Mixing – Thoroughly stir Rollershield-TG into a homogenous consistency. Do not add water, over mix, or add accelerators or retarders to Rollershield-TG.
Application – Rollershield-TG and Rollershield Flashing Tape may be used in lieu of the Rollershield-RS product at seam joints that require additional filling capability. Apply Rollershield-TG by first covering the seam with wet Rollershield-TG, them embedding the Rollershield Flashing Tape. Rollershield-TG may also be used for spotting fasteners or for leveling wall surfaces, especially those that are porous such as CMU or pitted concrete. Trowel to a minimum 15 mils wet, 10 mils dry thickness with no breaks or skips, although some areas will appear lighter than others due to the application process. Typically the product is applied at approximately 1/16” (60 mils) thickness. The Rollershield-TG application need not look like a painted surface.
Rollershield-TG may be flashed into window, door and other openings.
- Not for use as an exterior finish, note exposure limitations above.
- When adhering Rollershield Drainage CIFS® to the surface assure it is clean, dry and free of surface contamination.
- Remove any dirt or surface contamination before adhesive attachment.
- Allowable in-service temperature range: -40° to 180°F (-40° to 82°C).
- Fire-retardant or pressure treated plywood must be dry with surface free of salts or other chemicals migrating from within the wood. Test adhesion to be sure of desired results.
- Use a slip sheet, typically one layer of building paper between Rollershield-TG and stucco or adhered masonry veneer over metal lath.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall® Inc. products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall® Inc. assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall® Inc. for the most current product information.