Brilliant Fine Finish with Travertine Limestone Accents
Travertine finish recreates an intricate look of a plastered wall surface with the mottled hues of natural travertine limestone. The easily applied texture highlights wall surfaces with a very subtle glistening effect that would be perfect for home or upscale commercial projects.
• Ready to Use
• Ultra thin applications (two thin coats)
• Cost effective
• Tintable, available in 12 standard colors
• Can be accented with Vintique, Clearshield or Metallic Cote
Exterior Applications over Master Wall Base Coats
VOC: <1% by Weight VOC: 1.13 g/l Manufacture Locations: 30058 • 84651 1>
Vintique Top Coat
Metallic Cote Accent
Clearshield Top Coat
Packaging: 5 gallon (19L) pail
Pail Weight: 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Coverage (estimated):Two-Coat Application: 175-200 sf (16-18.6 sm)
Working Time: About 1/2 hour. Ready to use right from the pail after pre-mixing.
Drying Time: Varies by air temperature, humidity and surface temperature. Under normal room temperatures Travertine is fully dry after 24 hours. Protect the finish from rain and temperatures less than 40°F (5° C) for a minimum of 24 hours.
Application/Storage Temperatures: 40°F (5°C) to 110°F (43°C). Store out of direct sunlight.
Shelf Life: 2 years under normal conditions.
Application – Using a Wind-Lock T-VPF2008, T-VPF2411 or T-VPF2812 Stainless Steel Venetian Plaster Trowel apply a very tight, thin coat of Travertine to the surface free of trowel marks. Use moderate to high pressure with a trowel angle of about 60 to 80 degreesto the wall surface. The amount of material applied to the wall surface is paper thin. Allow the Travertine to take up for 2-3 hours. Clean the surface to remove any dust.
Apply a paper-thin second coat of Travertine using short, random strokes. If increased mottling or a higher sheen is desired, burnish using a clean, dry trowel about 30-40 minutes after second application.
Note: Application problems occur when Travertine is applied too thick. Only paper thin applications are necessary.
Surface may be spray coated after 24 hours with Master Wall® Metallic Cote, Vintique and/or Clearshield if desired. Follow individual data sheet instructions for products selected.
Cautions and Limitations
• Travertine is not intended for deep depressions or irregular surfaces.
• Slope all exterior surfaces 1:2 minimum to shed water.
• Apply in paper thin applications, shrinkage, cracking or blistering can occur over 1/16″ (1.6 mm) thick.
• Travertine is designed to be applied over a properly installed interior drywall.
• Not for use over any finishes or primers other than Primecoat.
• Application in direct sunlight may affect aesthetics if the Travertine dries too quickly. Avoid direct sunlight.
• Use of Clearshield sealer is recommended in high moisture or traffic areas.
• When cleaning do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners. Wash gently using a soap and water solution followed by a warm water rinse.
Clean Up – Tools and equipment can be cleaned with soapy water while the Travertine is still wet.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall® Inc. products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall® Inc. assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall® Inc. for the most current product information.