Master Wall® Fibalath™ is the non-rusting alternative to metal lath. The alkali resistant fiberglass is strong yet lightweight and rolls out easily to cover large surfaces of the wall.
- Non metallic, Non-directional, Can be applied vertically or horizontally
- Pliable, with no sharp edges
- Wide rolls
- Three-dimensional profile for better furring and stucco grip
- Packaged in light-weight rolls
- Easier and safer to handle and cut
- Fewer overlaps required to give better coverage
- Self-furring, excellent mechanical key using traditional fastening procedures
- Application time/labor savings
- Warranted by Master Wall® when sold by our distributors and used in our Cemplaster Fiberstucco Systems!
ICC-ES AC-11 One Coat Stucco
ASTM C926 Stucco
Stone Veneer Systems
Cemplaster Fiberstucco & One Coat Stucco 1/2” (12.7 mm) minimum thickness, Traditional Stucco 3/4”-7/8” (19-22 mm) minimum thickness
Shipping Locations: 30058 • 77474• 84651
8.8 oz/yard (294 g/m) ±5%
Warp: 330 lb/inch (59 kg/cm) Weft : 324 lb/inch (57.9 kg/cm)
39” x 150’ (99cm x 45.7m)
31 lbs. (14 kg) per roll
Approximate Coverage per Roll:
410 sf (38 sm)
*Allow about 10% waste for lapping mesh
Packaging: Single Roll
General: Fibalath™ is a component of a 1/2” to 7/8” (13 mm to 22 mm) thick Portland Cement Stucco or ICC-ES AC11 compliant engineered stucco (Cemplaster Fiberstucco). May also be used as a mortar base for light-weight veneer facing products such as precast stone veneer (ASTM C1780). Not for use on soffits or open framing.
A. Acceptable substrates include cement board (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior), gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396 or C1177), exposure 1 or better exterior grade plywood, exposure 1 OSB, poured concrete or unit masonry. Apply/install substrate per the manufacturer’s instructions and applicable building codes. Gap wood substrates 1/8” (3 mm) min. Not for use over open framing.
B. Water-Resistive Barrier
1. Not required on unit masonry or concrete substrates to receive the cement plaster stucco.
2. Over wood or metal framing with sheathing, a weather resistive barrier must be installed. When installed over wood based sheathing (plywood or OSB), two layers of grade “D” building paper are required by IBC prior to installation of Fibalath™. Other acceptable water-resistive barriers include polymeric water-resistive barriers such as Tyvek® StuccoWrap® and acceptable equals that comply with and are recognized by local building codes. Master Wall Inc.® SuperiorShield applications (RS, TG, VB) can be used provided a subsequent layer of building papers or a polymeric water-resistive barrier such or building paper is applied over the air/water barrier to act as a slip sheet. Install the water-resistive barrier over the substrate according to manufacturer’s specifications and applicable building code requirements. The water-resistive barrier shall be free of any damage such as holes or breaks, and must be applied to all surfaces to receive the cement plaster stucco and wrapped into rough openings (doors, windows, etc.) to increase the level of protection to the building frame and interior.
1. Install trim accessories per drawings and specification and ASTM C1063.
D. Fibalath™ Application
1. Apply Fibalath™ over substrate with minimum 3” (76 mm) overlap at vertical and horizontal edges and overlap on flange of trim accessories. Fibalath™ can be applied horizontally or vertically and should be applied such that it is flat and free of ripples, wrinkles, etc.
2. Fasteners: ULP-302 (1-3/4”, 44 mm) washer or Lath Plate (1-1/4”, 32 mm) Mechanical Fastening Systems by Wind-Lock Corp.
a. Masonry: masonry type [M] expansion fastener with ULP 302 diameter washer; or Lath Plate 1” (25 mm) minimum penetration into masonry. Fastener spacing 6” o.c. vertically and 16” o.c. horizontally (15 cm x 41 cm).
b. Light Gauge Steel Framing/Furring (20 Gauge): light metal type [LM] bugle head screws with ULP 302 washer or Lath Plate, 5/8” (16 mm) minimum penetration into framing 6” o.c. vertically and 16” o.c. horizontally (15 cm x 41 cm).
c. Heavy Gauge Steel Framing (18 to 12 Gauge maximum): metal type [S] bugle head screws with ULP 302 washer or Lath Plate or 1-1/4” (32 mm) long x 1/8” (2.5 mm) diameter VersaPin Gripshank® fasteners by Aerosmith Fastening Systems with Lath Plates; 5/8” (16 mm) minimum penetration to framing 6” o.c. vertically and 16” o.c. horizontally(15 cm x 41 cm). d. Wood framing: wood type [W] bugle head screws with ULP 302 washer or Lath Plate; 5/8” (16 mm) minimum penetration into framing or minimum 16 gauge wire staples with minimum 3/4” (19 mm) crown and minimum 3/4” (19 mm) penetration into framing, 6” o.c. vertically and 16” o.c. horizontally (15 cm x 41 cm).
Note: Supplemental fasteners, into the framing or sheathing, can be used to secure the Fibalath™ prior to application of cement plaster stucco. Fastening systems/tools for staples are available through Senco (www.senco.com) and other manufacturers.
3. Apply cement plaster stucco within 60 days of Fibalath™ application.
E. Exterior Cement Plaster Stucco (ASTM C926) or Portland Cement Stucco Exterior Wall Coating (ICC-ES AC-11)
1. Install per Specifications and Details
F. Veneer facing mortar
1. Install per Specifications, Details and veneer facing manufacturer’s specifications.
A. Not for use on soffits or open framing.
B. Minimum thickness of 1/2” when using Cemplaster Fiberstucco or other Portland Cement Stucco exterior wall coating is installed in accordance with ICC-ES-AC-11.
C. Maximum allowable weight of adhered veneer facing products is 24 lbs. per square foot (includes veneer weight and mortar scratch and bed coat).
Fibalath™ is recognized as Saint-Gobain ADFORS America, Inc., “FIBALATH™ GLASS FIBER LATH” in Code Compliance Research Report CCRR-0249
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall Inc.® products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall Inc.® assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall Inc.® for the most current product information. ©2019 Master Wall Inc.®