Recreate the look of a wood finish using Wood Grain Tex Specialty Finish, Wood Grain Glaze and Wood Grain Sealer
Wood-look with the energy benefits of a continuous insulation and secondary water barrier with up to 10-year limited warranty
- Recreate the look of wood planks or panels
- Weather protective lamina is monolithic over a Continuous Insulation (CI) substrate
- Cost effective
- Never Rots
- DuroTone Pigments for extra durability
Rollershield Drainage CIFS®
Aggre-flex Drainage EIFS
Continuous Insulation System – Apply either Rollershield Drainage CIFS®, Aggre-flex Drainage or Aggre-flex Continuously Insulated Exterior Insulation and Finish System (CIFS®) complete to the base coat stage.
- Show dimensions of V-grooves desired and size depth to maintain a minimum 3/4” (19 mm) insulation.
- Wood Grain Tex Finish Application – Apply according to manufacturer’s instructions in the following manner:
- Apply a thin coat of Wood Grain Tex, allow to set up.
Apply a second coat of Wood Grain Tex, allow it to tack up for 10-15 minutes, then wet trowel using a spray bottle and plaster trowel.
Once dry, sand in the direction of the grain with 100-grit sandpaper to create a level surface and add some imperfections.
Contact your Region Manager for techniques.
Equipment Needed – Brush, 4”-6” (102-154 mm) Foam Roller, Spray bottle with water, Wood Grain Tool (Available from Master Wall®).
Application – Wood Grain Glaze is applied by brush or a moist foam roller.
- Using a paint brush for latex paints, brush Wood Grain Glaze into the grooves of the finish.
- Using a moist foam roller, roll a thin amount of Wood Grain Glaze onto the finish surface and keep a wet edge (photo 1).
- Using a spray bottle, wet the surface of the Wood Grain Glaze to thin and keep from tacking too quickly (photo 2).
- Add grain to the surface using the Wood Grain Tool along the length of the grooved finish, rocking the tool to create the
- desired pattern (photo 3).
- Once dry to the touch, lightly sand the surface if needed using 100-grit sandpaper to remove any high spots or heavy stain areas.
- Using a sponge or roam roller, cover the entire surface with Wood Grain Sealer.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall Inc.® products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall Inc.® assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall Inc.® for the most current product information. ©2019 Master Wall Inc.®