Master Wall® MetalTex is a unique integrally infused metallic look texture and finish that eliminates the step of adding a separate metallic topcoat. The fine textured surface is easily applied and replicates the unique textures and subtle variations of a metallic surface. MetalTex is available in two textures:
MetalTex Fine Sand 1.0: Fine even looking finish that is perfect for achieving the metallic look in an easy application.
MetalTex Aggrelime: MetalTex Aggrelime is an integrally infused metallic look texture and finish for small areas of trim or surfaces.
- Unique visual appeal.
- Finish texture replicates a sandblasted surface.
- Cost effective alternative to metal panels.
- Less expensive than metal panels
- DPR (Dirt Pickup Resistant) polymer technology for long life and cleaner buildings.
- MetalTex Aggrelime is for small areas of trim or walls. Not for large areas.
MetalTex is available in these Metallic Cote colors:
- Antique Gray
- Arctic Blue
- Forged Copper
- Liberty Bell
- Lush Pearl
- Polished Nickel
VOC: <50 g/L
Manufacture Locations: 30058 • 77474 • 84651
Recycled Content: 0%
Packaging: 5 gallon (19L) pail
- MetalTex Fine Sand 1.0: 67 lbs (30.3 kg)
- MetalTex Aggrelime: 65 lbs (29 kg)
Shelf Life: 2 years
- MetalTex Fine Sand 1.0: 160-170 sf/pail (15-15.8 sm)
- MetalTex Aggrelime: 125 sf (14 sm)
- Master Wall Base Coats
- Prepared & Base Coated Surfaces of:
- Interior Drywall made ready for paint
- Others approved in writing
Job Conditions – Air and substrate temperature for application of MetalTex must be 40°F (5°C) or higher and must remain 40°F (5°C) or higher for a minimum of 24 hours. Provide temporary protection to protect the wall system from damage until permanent flashings, caps and sealants are installed. Store materials within prescribed temperature limits and out of direct sunlight. High temperatures will reduce working times, Low temperatures and/or high humidity and pigment loading will extend working, set and dry times.
Preparation – The substrate must be approved by Master Wall Inc.®, clean, dry, structurally sound and free of efflorescence, oil, grease, form release agents and curing compounds or anything that would affect bond. Painted surfaces are not acceptable and must be removed. Concrete and surfaces should cure for a minimum of 28 days. Stucco should be cured until clean, dry and hard—typically 14 days with a pH of 10 or less.
- Interior drywall should be finished and made ready for paint. Prime surfaces with Primecoat/Sanded Primecoat primer prior to finishing.
- Base Coats – Must be flat, dry hard, and free of efflorescence. Master Wall® base coats must cure a minimum of 12 hours before application of MetalTex. Substrates of brick, masonry or concrete should be leveled smooth using either Master Wall® base coats or stucco.
Mixing – Thoroughly stir MetalTex using a heavy duty 1/2” drill at 400 – 500 rpm and a heavy duty mixing paddle. Small amounts of clean, potable water may be added to obtain a workable consistency. To avoid color variations, add the same amount of water to each pail. Do not exceed 24 ounces (0.7L) of water per pail of finish.
MetalTex Fine Sand 1.0
Application — Apply a uniform thickness (about 1/16”) of MetalTex Fine Sand 1.0 to the substrate using a stainless steel trowel. Spread evenly and then scrape the finish coat down to a thickness no greater than the largest aggregate in the material. Immediately float the finish coat using a plastic float to the desired texture. Always maintain a wet edge to achieve uniformity of texture and color. Allow the finish to fully dry and set before exposure to inclement weather.
Application — Apply MetalTex Aggrelime to match the approved sample texture or effect using the selected tools and techniques. Extra care is needed to ensure a very smooth base coat has been achieved as the finish will not cover wall irregularities. Using a stainless steel trowel, apply MetalTex Aggrelime to a uniform but tight thickness. Allow this first coat to dry to the touch and apply a thin second coat and allow it to take up. Floating or finishing options:
Float the finish lightly with a plastic float. Produces a lightly mottled, fine finish.
After the second coat finish has taken up slightly, trowel again in one direction with a stainless steel trowel. Produces a super smooth finish.
For consistency, use the same methods and application techniques across the entire wall surface.
The MetalTex Aggrelime finish is intended to replicate the appearance of natural limestone. The application technique will have larger flat areas with small pit marks and possibly burn marks and varied color/texture conditions. This variation is intentional and part of the properties of this finish. For best results two thin coats are recommended.
For Professional Results
- Apply finish coats away from direct sunlight. Cold joints or color variations can occur if the finish dries too quickly.
- Priming stucco surfaces with Primecoat/Sanded Primecoat evens out finish absorption and should be strongly considered for dark colored finishes to avoid efflorescence blush. Under certain conditions dark colors may show efflorescence on the surface during the cure process.
- Surfaces exposed to the weather must be sloped (6:12 minimum).
- Use of dark colors in high temperature climates can affect the performance of the system, especially EIFS and areas may need to be limited.
- Finishes are intended for the approved substrates listed above and should not be applied directly to gypsum board or insulation board products.
- Do not apply MetalTex Aggrelime to large areas.
Clean Up—Tools and equipment can be cleaned with soapy water while the MetalTex Fine Sand 1.0 is still wet.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall Inc.® products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall Inc.® assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall Inc.® for the most current product information. ©2018 Master Wall Inc.®