Savannah is an ultra fine acrylic based finish for interior or exterior use. It features dirt pickup resistant (DPR) for durability and can achieve a variety of looks depending upon finishing techniques. Savannah is highly breathable, mildew resistant and can also be top coated to provide additional surface protection. Savannah can be custom tinted to a wide selection of standard and custom colors, and will provide a longer lasting and more uniform look to the surface.
- Ready to Use
- Ultra thin applications (two thin coats)
- Cost effective
- Standard and custom colors
- Can be accented with Vintique, Clearshield, Roller-flex or Metallic Cote
Master Wall® EIFS
Stucco Cement Board Coatings
VOC: <1% by Weight
VOC: 1.13 g/l
Manufacture Locations: 30058 • 77423 • 84651
Vintique Top Coat
Metallic Cote Accent
Clearshield Top Coat
Packaging: 5 gallon (19L) pail
Pail Weight: 43 lbs (19.5 kg)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Two-Coat Application: 250-300 sf (23-27.8 sm)
Application & Storage Temperature: 40°-110°F (5°-43°C)
Working Time: 1/2 hr
Dry Time: 24 hrs at room temperature, working and drying time will vary with temperature and humidity
Job Conditions – Air and surface temperatures must be 4°C (40°F) or higher and must remain so for a minimum of 24 hours. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight during application. Protect the finish from rain and temperatures less than 40°F (5° C) for a minimum of 24 hours.
Surface Preparation – Interior Drywall: smooth, flat dust-free and ready for paint. Clean the surface in preparation for Savannah. Prime wall with Primecoat Primer and allow to dry. Exterior: Master Wall® base coat is required as a leveling coat for all surfaces and shall be smooth and free of any mesh pattern. Scrape or sand base coat so the surface is smooth, level and free of imperfections. Remove any dust caused by the sanding.
Mixing – Open pail of Savannah and mix approximately one minute with a fixed wheel type paddle or equivalent mixing blade attached to a 1/2” (13 mm) heavy duty drill at 400-500 rpm. Do not add water.
Application – Using a Wind-Lock T-VPF2008, T-VPF2411 or T-VPF2812 Stainless Steel Venetian Plaster Trowel apply a very tight, thin coat of Savannah to the surface free of trowel marks a maximum of 1/16” (1.6 mm) thick. After the first coat has flash dried (5-10 minutes), double back and apply another tight coat. Allow to dry for a minimum of 8 hours and apply another tight, thin coat of Savannah and trowel smooth.
Note: Application problems occur when Savannah is applied too thick. Only paper thin applications are necessary.
Surface may be spray coated after 24 hours with Master Wall® Metallic Cote, Vintique Clearshield or Roller-flex if desired. Follow individual data sheet instructions for products selected.
Cautions and Limitations
- Smaller surface areas achieve a more consistent appearance. Areas larger than 5’ x 5’ (1.5 x 1.5m) in size can have characteristic mottling.
- Savannah is not intended for deep depressions or irregular surfaces.
- Slope all exterior surfaces 1:2 minimum to shed water.
- Apply in paper thin applications, shrinkage, cracking or blistering can occur over 1/16” (1.6 mm) thick.
- Savannah is designed to be applied over a properly installed interior drywall.
- Not for use over any finishes or primers other than Primecoat.
- Application in direct sunlight may affect aesthetics if the Savannah dries too quickly. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Use of Clearshield sealer is recommended in high moisture or traffic areas.
- When cleaning do not use harsh or abrasive cleaners. Wash gently using a soap and water solution followed by a warm water rinse.
Tools and equipment can be cleaned with soapy water while the Savannah is still wet.
Prepared Interior Drywall
Master Wall Base Coats
Others approved in writing
Savannah Finish replaces Level Cote and Level Cote VPlaster products
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall Inc.® products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall Inc.® assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall Inc.® for the most current product information.