To finish strong you need a Superior Elastomeric Finish that can bridge minor hairline cracks common in stucco. Master Wall® Superior Elastomeric Plus finishes have one of the highest 100% acrylic polymer contents in our industry for extra flexibility yet are still breathable.
- Dirt Pickup Resistant (DPR) Polymers
- Quartz or Marble aggregate available
- 64 Standard Colors
- Custom color matching available
- DuroTone colorfast pigments, Excel mildew enhancement, Silicone Coat additive, and DuraCote HP hydrophobic options available
Packaging: 5 gallon (19L) pail
Perfect Swirl 2.0, Medium Sand 1.5 : 70 lbs (32 kg)
Fine Sand 1.0 : 67 lbs (30.3 kg)
Versatex 0.5 : 65 lbs (29.5 kg)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Coverage (sf/sm pail)*
Perfect Swirl 2.0, 120-150 (11-14)
Fine Sand 1.0, 160-170 (15-15.8)
Medium Sand 1.5, 130-150 (12-14)
Versatex 0.5, Varies with Texture
*All coverages are approximate and depend upon substrate, details and individual application technique.
Working Time: Ready to use right from the pail after pre-mixing. Formulated for production application.
Drying Time: Varies by air temperature, humidity and surface temperature. Under normal room temperatures Superior Finish will firm set in 8-12 hours and fully set in 48-72 hours. Protect the finish from rain and temperatures less than 40F (5 C) for a minimum of 24 hours.
Application/Storage Temperatures: 40°F (5°C) to 110°F (43°C). Store out of direct sunlight.
Shelf Life: 2 years under normal conditions.
Job Conditions – Air and substrate temperature for application of Superior Elastomeric Plus Finishes must be 40°F (5°C) or higher and must remain 40°F (5°C) or higher for a minimum of 24 hours. Provide temporary protection to protect the wall system from damage until permanent flashings, caps and sealants are installed. Store materials within prescribed temperature limits and out of direct sunlight. High temperatures will reduce working times, Low temperatures and/or high humidity and pigment loading will extend working, set and dry times.
Preparation – The substrate must be approved by Master Wall Inc.®, clean, dry, structurally sound and free of efflorescence, oil, grease, form release agents and curing compounds or anything that would affect bond. Painted surfaces are not acceptable and must be removed. Concrete and surfaces should cure for a minimum of 28 days. Stucco should be cured until clean, dry and hard—typically 14 days with a pH of 10 or less (13 or less if Primecoat Primer is used).
Base Coats – Must be flat, dry hard, and free of efflorescence. Master Wall® base coats must cure a minimum of 12 hours before application of Superior Finish. Substrates of brick, masonry or concrete should be leveled smooth using either Master Wall® base coats or stucco.
Mixing – Thoroughly stir Superior Finish using a heavy duty 1/2” drill at 400 – 500 rpm and a heavy duty mixing paddle. Small amounts of clean, potable water may be added to obtain a workable consistency. To avoid color variations, add the same amount of water to each pail. Do not exceed 24 ounces (0.7L) of water per pail of finish.
Application — Apply a uniform thickness (about 1/16”) of Superior Finish to the substrate using a stainless steel trowel. Spread evenly and then scrape the finish coat down to a thickness no greater than the largest aggregate in the material. Immediately float the finish coat using a plastic float to the desired texture. Always maintain a wet edge to achieve uniformity of texture and color. Allow the finish to fully dry and set before exposure to inclement weather.
For Professional Results
- Apply finish coats away from direct sunlight. Cold joints or color variations can occur if the finish dries too quickly.
- Priming stucco surfaces with Primecoat/Sanded Primecoat evens out finish absorption and should be strongly considered and specified for dark colored finishes, especially those using Ultra Deep Base (UDB) tint base and over stucco to avoid efflorescence blush. Under certain conditions dark colors may show efflorescence on the surface during the cure process.
- Surfaces exposed to the weather must be sloped (6:12 minimum).
- Use of dark colors in high temperature climates can affect the performance of the system, especially EIFS and areas may need to be limited.
- Deep, intense colors should be specified with DuroTone pigments to maintain colorfastness longer. Verify specialty colors with your Master Wall® Distributor.
- Finishes are intended for the approved substrates listed above and should not be applied directly to gypsum board or insulation board products.
Clean Up—Tools and equipment can be cleaned with soapy water while the Superior Finish is still wet.
Information contained in this product data sheet conforms to the standard detail recommendations and specifications for the installation of Master Wall® Inc. products and is presented in good faith. Master Wall® Inc. assumes no liability, expressed or implied as to the architecture, engineering, or workmanship of any project. This information may be concurrent with, or superseded by other applicable documents, such as specifications and details. Contact Master Wall® Inc. for the most current product information.